It seemed like the typical Mumbai office building on the outside but when I walked in to the office of Bombay Shirt Company, I was sure these guys know their stuff when it comes to design for sure. Just loved the way they had done up the place, open atmosphere no cubicles.
When I got a call from Michelle ( I hope I got that spelling right ;) ) to visit them and experience how a customized shirt is made, it took me back to my childhood, where we used to get our shirts stitched. That trend is gone as far as I am concerned, or so i thought before visiting BSC.
The process is really simple.
1. Either book an appointment with your Travel Stylist or visit their website or buy it from their POP UP Kiosks ;)
2. Choose the fabric you like [ I must tell you they have some rally awesome fabric in brilliant prints. Loved all and was difficult to choose, but i settled for my favourite Blue]
3. Once you have chosen your fabric you can try out some trial shirts to get a sense of what kind of shirt you feel fits you well. The Travelling Stylist will help you with suggestions, and will explain to you what would suit you. He will take measurements so you need not worry about the fit.
4. You can customise your shirt with
5. And yeah you can always accessorise a nice custom fit shirt with these thats also available on their website
Your shirt gets delivered to you within a week, isnt that awesome? I got mine, and I am in love with the way the shirt fits.
The whole process of customising a shirt took just 10 minutes, and I must say it was possible because of the hard work put in by the BSC team to come up with an operationally efficient method to take orders, and its craftsmen who bring fabrics to life with their skills.
What makes sense is not offering too many choices either so as to not confuse the customer. The style and quality of fabric has been carefully selected for the discerning customer and process of customization simplified. All it needs is just ticking of checkboxes to make a choice and you would be done.
Thanks a bunch once again Bombay Shirt Company for making me feel good. I love the product, and hope you can spread smiles across India soon.
Go ahead dont wait Men and Women (Btw They have a tie up with StyleCracker for women shirts) get your custom hand crafted shirt today. ( Like BSC and follow them on twitter and instagram , You can even place your orders directly at their website here). Let me know in comments if you order as to how was your experience :D